Join in the fun while earning a Brownie or Junior level badge at The Children’s Museum of Pittsburgh. Whether you are interested in water, electronics, gardening or art, we have something for you! Register today for a workshop to earn a Museum related badge.
- Workshops are $20 per scout. Program price includes admission to the museum for the day.
- Class minimum is 10 scouts per workshop, maximum is 25 scouts. Troops may combine to meet minimum.
- One adult chaperone is admitted free for every five scouts. Each additional adult is charged the Museum admission fee.
- Parking is available in Museum lots; $4 for members and $6 for non-members.
- Pre-registration is required two weeks prior to the desired program date.
Below are the programs we offer. We are also willing to work with troop leaders to design a workshop fit to achieve your badge requirements.
BUGS ADVENTURE: Explore in our outdoor gardens to discover different bugs and how they are necessary for a healthy garden… and world! *Weather permitting.
POTTER: Explore with clay to create two artistic ceramic pieces. Learn about the process of firing and glaze your very own creations. *Finished pieces are available for pick up approximately three weeks after program.
SENSES EXPLORATION: Earn your Brownie Senses Badge by heightening your sense of sight, sound, smell, taste, and touch with a variety of activities like mystery sound boxes, aromatic paints, taste testing, and more!
JEWELER: Create your own jewelry pieces using recycled and upcycled materials, to earn your Junior Jeweler Badge.
GARDENER: Earn your Junior Gardener Badge by taking a look in our outdoor gardens to discover different types of plants, how plants grow, and how to care for them- maybe even sample a leafy treat! *Weather permitting
For more information, or to schedule a workshop please contact us at (412) 322-5058, ext. 241, or firstname.lastname@example.org