Solar Concert Series 2017
Featured Programs & Event
Enjoy free live music outside in the sunshine at Buhl Community Park at Allegheny Square. Bring your lunch and enjoy family-friendly concerts on a solar-powered sound system Wednesdays at 12:15 p.m. in July and August. This year's lineup and links where you can learn more about each artist/band:
- July 5 - The Telephone Line - a Pittsburgh based rock band where soul meets pop, driven by powerhouse vocals and vintage organ vibes
- July 12 - Jenn Gooch - Old time fiddlin' and stompin', hollerin' and strummin'
- July 19 - Jeremy Caywood - A dynamic vocalist who has been writing music since a young age, Jeremy is a Pittsburgh native, proud to share his music with all listeners
- July 26 - Buffalo Rose - Folk and Soulgrass from Pittsburgh, PA
- August 2 - The Lone Pines - The Lone Pines aim to create authentic music that is both relatable on a personal level and enjoyable to listen to
- August 9 - Rightly Noted - Acoustic Americana, bluegrass, folk and country blues; songs you forgot you liked.
- August 16 - Boilermaker Jazz Band - The hot and swinging sounds of the Jazz Age
- August 23 - Squirrel Hillbillies - From deep within the urban forest of Pittsburgh's East End, the Squirrel Hillbillies often emerge to share their eclectic mix of folk, country and blues
- August 30 - Miguel's Mariachi Fiesta - A Mariachi duo
The 10th Annual Solar Concert Series is a project of The Saturday Light Brigade and Children’s Museum of Pittsburgh and is brought to you in part by Mass Mutual Pittsburgh.