Featured Programs & Event
Thanksgiving is a good time of year to reflect on what makes your life wonderful and this year, inspired by our upcoming exhibit The Pigeon Comes to Pittsburgh! A Mo Willems Exhibit, we will be focusing on the brilliant gift of friendship by celebrating Friendsgiving. Join us for a week chockfull of activities honoring the special and everlasting bond of friendship.
Happenings throughout the museum:
- Elephant & Piggie STORY TIME and Meet Ups, November 21 and November 24 - 26
- Make your way to the Big Red Room Café for a Friendsgiving Feast. Take time to reflect and appreciate your friends while sharing a variety of seasonal treats together. Sponsored in part by Eat'n Park Hospitality Group, November 21, 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM
- Join us in the Big Red Room Café to braid, weave and tie your own friendship bracelets using colorful embroidery thread and ribbon. Learn and practice different techniques and styles to create your own one of kind mementos to give to your friends as a token of appreciation for all they do. This event is supported by UPMC MyHealth Community, an initiative of UPMC Health Plan. November 22, 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM
- Stop by the Friendship Trading Post located in the Big Red Room Café and exchange a pledge to do a good deed for a friend in need for a warm cup of apple cider. November 24, 10:30 AM - 12:30 PM
- Be inspired by what makes your relationship special and collaborate to create a Friendship Treasure in the MAKESHOP! What can we design and make together? November 26, 10:00 AM - 4:30 PM