Solar Concert Series 2018
Featured Programs & Event
Enjoy free live music outside in the sunshine at Buhl Community Park at Allegheny Square. Bring your lunch and enjoy family-friendly concerts on a solar-powered sound system Wednesdays at 12:15 p.m. in July and August. This year's lineup and links where you can learn more about each artist/band:
- July 11 - 1Hood Media - Pittsburgh based collective of socially conscious artists and activists who utilize art as a means of raising awareness about social justice matters affecting people around the world.
- July 18 - Avi Diamond - Avi is inspired by a wide variety of genres and draws inspiration from artists ranging from Ella Fitzgerald to Radiohead and more recently Brandi Carlile and Lianne la Havas.
- July 25 - Scott and Rosanna - Acoustic duo, Scott and Rosanna, stamp their signature folk / jazzy style on their wide repertoire of tunes elevated through the use of guitar looping.
- August 1 - Afro Yaqui Collective - The Afro Yaqui Music Collective is a multicultural big band that explores the intersection of Indigenous musics within the language of jazz. With members in Pittsburgh, New York City, and collaborators from Tanzania to Cuba, the collective has a truly global vision rooted in the radical vision of social and enviornmental justice embedded in Afrodiasporic and indigenous cultures.
- August 8 - Sierra Sellers - Seirra Sellers grew up on a steady stream of R&B, rock, country and gospel thanks to her family’s eclectic taste. She is drawn towards neo-soul artists like Jill Scott, India Arie and Lauryn Hill.
- August 15 - Dan Getkin & the Twelve Six - Dan Getkin and the Twelve Six are a rocking alt-country band from Pittsburgh drawing inspiration from Ryan Adams, Jackson Browne, and Wilco.
- August 22 - Chet Vincent - Chet Vincent is a singer-songwriter with folk, country, and rock influences.
- August 29 - Tim Vitullo Band - Tim Vitullo is a bit different. One of Pittsburgh’s most promising young talents exudes Americana blues and roots rock peppered with jazz and a dash of folk
This program is weather permitting! In the event of inclement weather, performances will be moved indoors pending available space in the Museum.
The 11th Annual Solar Concert Series is a project of The Saturday Light Brigade and Children’s Museum of Pittsburgh.