MAKEnight: Medieval! (21+)
Hear Ye, Hear Ye: Ye Olde MAKEnight is back! The King and Queen of MAKEnight hereby request your presence on the thirtieth day in August, in the year of two thousand & eighteen. Be prepared to defend your honor while enjoying a brew and light fair.
- Turn up the heat and solder your own metal crown out of wire, or bend it into an ornate circlet
- Explore calligraphy techniques on tea dyed pages while writing a letter for a carrier pigeon to carry to your betrothed
- Battle a dragon piñata to discover the treasures within
- Make a flower crown using recycled materials! #yasqueen
- Dance around a Maypole! Maybe summer will last a little longer?
- Enjoy impromptu performances from actors as they make the Museum their Medieval stage
- Search the Museum for the Holy Grail of Holy Grails
- Try your hand at stitching, with some traditional blackwork embroidery
- Paint a picture with paints made from natural pigments preseted by 412 Food Rescue
- Explore the ancient art of papermaking
- Join the Society for Creative Anachronisms (SCA) as they demonstrate the art of spinning fiber, and Viking cord making
- Jump in the stocks for a #stockphoto
EAT & DRINK
- Enjoy some authentic brews, crafted and made possible by the SCA
- Enjoy a Medieval beverage of choice, beer! Samples generously provided by Brooklyn Brewery
- Have some bread and cheese with that Medieval beverage
- Spear a delicious ravioli provided by City Fresh Pasta
- Toast to your King and Queen with a glass of wine provided by Barefoot Wine
And that's not all, keep your eyes peeled for a carrier pigeon (or just check back here) for more additions to the fun!
Click here to purchase thy tickets now!