Sensory Friendly Early Open
Sensory Friendly Program
We’re opening early for our friends with sensory sensitivities.
This beloved exhibit has returned to the Children's Museum for a summer visit! Explore activities inspired by five of Eric Carle’s classic books: The Very Hungry Caterpillar, The Very Quiet Cricket, The Very Lonely Firefly, The Very Clumsy Click Beetle and The Very Busy Spider.In this exhibit, you can:
- Become the Very Hungry Caterpillar as you follow his path
- Weave a web with the Very Busy Spider
- Find your light with the Very Lonely Firefly
- Make the Very Clumsy Click Beetle flip and jump
- Compose a night symphony with the Very Quiet Cricket
- Create artwork using many of Eric Carle's materials and techniques
- Enjoy a gallery of prints from Eric Carle's Very Series as well as works in progress
Journey to Curious George’s™ world and go on STEM-based adventures at Curious George: Let’s Get Curious! See familiar locations and meet friends from H.A. and Margret Rey’s classic books and the PBS television series.Explore George's town to solve problems the mischievous monkey encounters along the way:
- Operate wheels to help George climb his apartment building.
- Play customer or salesperson and explore shape, sorting, weighing and counting at the produce stand.
- Use pipes, ramps, funnels and more to experiment with physics and engineering as you putt through three holes of mini golf.
- Take a vacation to the country and visit the farm to build a whirligig.
- Step up to the rocket Curious George took on his space adventure! Pose for a picture with George in his space suit and e-mail it home.
- Design a building, then get to work constructing different structures and using machines to move materials.
- Learn new things about Curious George’s history when you visit the Museum within the Museum.
Program participants will have early access to both exhibits from 9:00 am - 10:00 am before the Museum opens to the public at 10:00 am. The fun then continues in the Anne V. Lewis Board Room as a private play space from 10:00 am - 11:00 am.
$18/adult, $16/child, $2 with Access Card.* Program fee includes Museum admission for the whole day.
*Contact Accessability Coordinator, Viv Shaffer: email@example.com or 412.322.5058 x234 for the check out code. Please note Access Card holders must show Access Card and valid ID to front desk upon check-in.
Pre-registration required. Register Here