UPMC Health Plan Healthy Family Day: A Healthy Dose of Kindness
UPMC MyHealth Community
Showing kindness toward our neighbors, families, friends and even ourselves is one step toward building a healthy and thriving self and community.
Join us for a day of self-care, good deeds and reflection through art, dance and thoughtful fun!
- Visit the Healthy Hydration and Gratitude Station to make a promise to do a good deed in exchange for this pledge, receive a refreshing cup fruit infused water. 11:00am-12:00pm
- Follow the beat of your own drum with a Community Mediation and Drumming Circle in MuseumLab. 12:00pm - 2:00pm
- Explore forgiveness by writing or drawing on a piece of paper how someone made you mad or sad. Then rip up that paper into shreds and mix it in a seed and dirt mixture to make Seed Balls. When you plant your Seed Ball at home, watch how it grows - proof that something beautiful can grow from forgiveness. 1:00pm - 2:00pm
- Dance to the Music with a community rock concert performed by Bee Parks and the Hornets in MuseumLab, 2:00pm-2:30pm and 3:00pm-3:30pm
- Enjoy activities from Let's Move Pittsburgh, Giant Eagle Pharmacy and Pennsylvania Leadership Charter School
- Express yourself through art and movement in the Studio
- Learn about book binding to create your own journal to reflect on your thoughts and feelings in the MAKESHOP
- Fill out a leaf of gratitude and enter to win a special prize