We Can! Presents: Worldwide Day of Play!
Celebrate Worldwide Day of Play at the Museum and experience why it was named one of the top 10 children's museums in the nation by Parents Magazine!
- Move It! Just Dance Party: Bust a move and get healthy with dance as we break it down to Nintendo Wii™'s Just Dance: Kids! We're transforming our Theater into a family friendly dance hall, so bring your whole crew and be prepared to dance along, from 1:00-3:00pm in the Theatre.
- Join in on Play Acting Games in the Theatre, with theatrical play captain, Mallory! Games like Honey Walk, Fairy Tale in a Minute and Action Figures: Litter Patrol will take place on the half hour between Just Dance segments!
- Sing along and enjoy roaming ukulele music with the Museum's very own ukulele superstar, John Dwyer from 12:00-5:00!
- Sign up for a library card and play Minute to Win it with the Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh, from 1:00-3:00.
- Make, play and change board games in MAKESHOP, using a variety of homemade and re-purposed pieces.
- How would you paint if you didn't have a paintbrush? Experiment with alternative painting tools in the art studio! As we play, we'll explore how these new tools can add interesting textures to our art.
- BALL is BACK! Find out what kind of fun you can have in a room full of 500 beach balls, larger inflatable balls, a disco ball and music! You’ll have a ball in this groovy new installation for dance and play in the Changing Gallery.
- Pick up a pedometer at the Admissions desk to track how many steps you take and the amount of calories burned while in the Museum and receive a We Can! sticker.
Presented as part of the We Can! Series designed to encourage healthy, physically active play. Sponsored by UPMC Health Plan