The Kindness Gallery
A new exhibit about kindness and empathy is moving into the former Attic space!
Try these new activities promoting social-emotional learning:
- Use text and emojis to send messages to a friend or loved one via a Teletype Machine.
- Write a message of kindness, run it through the Token Press and give it to someone.
- Be inspired by the songs of Mister Rogers and Daniel Tiger on the Strategy Song Record Player.
- Create a virtual care package in the Care Package Factory and send it on a conveyer belt.
- Receive and share words of support in an Encouraging Words Rolodex - add your own messages to inspire others.
- Visit the Take a Compliment Wall to take a kind word with you as a reminder of how words can make a difference in our interactions with one another.
Visitor favorite Virtual Puppets will be refreshed, and the Gravity Room will be updated with new elements, including a lookout deck and new slide.
- Nooks tucked under each set of stairs, one of which is wheelchair accessible, provide quiet sensory areas.
- Varying typography, including a multi-lingual welcome sign, signify the different voices of humanity and convey that words, and what we say, matters.
- Movable seating allows caregivers to rest while still being close enough to participate in activities.
- A joyful, jewel-tone color scheme shows how kindness radiates outward.
The Kindness Gallery was made possible by generous support from The Benter Foundation and Senator Wayne Fontana.