Museum Celebrates 30th Birthday on June 22
FREE ADMISSION, live music, hula hoops, cupcakes, kazoos, and much more!
Children’s Museum of Pittsburgh Celebrates 30th Birthday on June 22 with FREE ADMISSION for All
(PITTSBURGH, PA, June 13, 2013) — On Saturday, June 22, Children’s Museum of Pittsburgh will celebrate its 30th birthday with a full day of music and fun for the whole family. Visitors will enjoy FREE ADMISSION, live music, hula hoops, cupcakes, kazoos, and much more:
- Make birthday hats in the Studio and musical instruments in the MAKESHOP, 10:00 am – 4:30 pm
- Grab a hula hoop and join Stefanie Zito from Spinster Hoops for an interactive hooping program, 10:00 am – Noon in Buhl Community Park (weather permitting)
- Enjoy musical performances by local acts Elliott Sussman (11:00 am), Soundwaves Steel Drum Band (Noon) and the Timbeleza Brazilian percussion ensemble (1:00 pm)
- Catch roaming performances by Ben Sota (Zany Umbrella Circus) and performer/puppeteer Josephine Calvo throughout the day
- Enjoy free cupcakes (while supplies last) and join our kazoo orchestra for a rousing performance of Happy Birthday, 2:00 pm
- Parade with the May Day Marching Band featuring parade puppets created by Lisa Leibering, 2:30 pm, throughout the Museum and Buhl Community Park
Museum partners and neighboring organizations will also be on hand to join in the fun, including book making with Reading is FUNdamental Pittsburgh, a live broadcast by the Saturday Light Brigade Radio Show and acetate collages by the Warhol.
Made possible by the Jack Buncher Foundation.