we’re here to help! we put together a list of resources helpful in guiding a discussion with children about the coronavirus.
- Support for Helpers During Coronavirus (The Fred Rogers Center)
- How to Talk to Kids About Coronavirus (PBS)
- Children Want To Talk About Coronavirus: We Need To Listen (Psychology Today)
- Are Your Kids Nervous About the Coronavirus? Dr G is Here to Help (Kidsburgh)
- How Teenagers Can Protect Their Mental Health During Coronavirus
- Just For Kids: A Comic Exploring The New Coronavirus (National Public Radio)
- Talking to Kids About the Coronavirus (Child Mind Institute)
tips for staying healthy
basic good hygiene goes a long way!
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds (see the video below for a kid-friendly lesson)
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
- Try to limit handshakes, hugs and unnecessary touching
- Practice good respiratory hygiene — this includes coughing and sneezing into a tissue or your bent elbow
- If you are feeling unwell, seek medical treatment