Very Eric Carle
Now through September 20
Extended Hours on September 18!
To help you have one final visit, the Very Eric Carle exhibit will be open Friday, September 18, until 8:00 PM.
Very Eric Carle is a play-and-learn exhibit featuring activities inspired by five of Eric Carle’s classic books: The Very Hungry Caterpillar, The Very Quiet Cricket, The Very Lonely Firefly, The Very Clumsy Click Beetle and The Very Busy Spider.
In the exhibit, you can:
● Become the Very Hungry Caterpillar as you follow his path
● Weave a web with the Very Busy Spider
● Find your light with the Very Lonely Firefly
● Make the Very Clumsy Click Beetle flip and jump
● Compose a night symphony with the Very Quiet Cricket
● Create artwork using many of Eric Carle's materials and techniques
● Enjoy a gallery of prints from Eric Carle's Very Series as well as works in progress
See photos of the materials, structures and people creating the exhibit below:
Very Eric Carle: A Very Hungry, Quiet, Lonely, Clumsy, Busy Exhibit is co-organized with The Eric Carle Museum of Picture Book Art.
The exhibit was made possible with underwriting support from an Anonymous Donor, the Eden Hall Foundation, the Fisher Fund of The Pittsburgh Foundation, The Hillman Foundation and The Wherrett Memorial Fund of The Pittsburgh Foundation.
Media sponsors: WESA 90.5 and WYEP 91.3.