Museum admission includes both the Children's Museum and Museum Lab, a new museum for youth 10 and up, opening April 27, 2019.
Children's Museum Hours
10:00 am - 5:00 pm Daily
The Museum is CLOSED on these days:
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day, July 4
- Labor Day and days following for annual maintenance and training
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
- New Year's Day
Children 2 - 18: $14
Seniors 60+: $14
Children under 2: Free
Members: Free Become A Member
Member Guest: $13
Buy Admission Online
Learn about Group Visits and Field Trips here.
Travel Packages: VisitPITTSBURGH Kidsburgh Getaway
Check out the Admissions Discounts List to view all of our admission discounts.
Museums for All Program: Click here to learn more about our Museums for All Program that provides discounted admission for Pennsylvania ACCESS card holders.
- All children under the age of 18 visiting the Children’s Museum must be accompanied by an adult 18 years of age or older. For safety sake, we remind you that all adult visitors must supervise the children in their party at all times.
- We require all guests to wear proper attire, including tops, bottoms and shoes, appropriate for a family facility.
- The Children's Museum is a drug free, tobacco free, non-smoking campus, including e-cigarettes.
- Read all of the Museum Guidelines.
If you are a visiting member from a reciprocal institution and would like to receive reciprocal admission, please note:
- To receive Association of Science and Technology Centers (ASTC) Travel Passport Program benefits, you must present a current Membership Card from an ASTC reciprocal institution and a valid photo id with proof of residence. You must live more than 90 miles away ("as the crow flies") from the Children's Museum of Pittsburgh for benefits to apply. ASTC reciprocity will grant FREE admission for up to two adults and up to three children that are listed on your institution's membership. Please visit the ASTC website for a complete listing of participating programs and restrictions.
Note: Membership to Children's Museum of Pittsburgh is not reciprocal with membership to Carnegie Science Center (Pittsburgh, PA) or the McKinley Presidential Library & Museum(Canton, OH), and vice versa.
- To receive Association of Children's Museums (ACM) Reciprocal Network benefits, you must present a current Membership Card from an ACM reciprocal institution with the ACM Reciprocal Network logo on the card and a valid photo ID with proof of residence. ACM reciprocity will grant 50% discount on admission fees for up to 6 people that are listed on your institution's membership. Please visit the ACM website for a complete listing of participating museums.