Keep up to date on all of the latest Museum news and events at www.facebook.com/pittsburghkids
10:00 am - 5:00 pm daily
The Studio and MAKESHOP close at 4:30 pm daily.
The Museum is CLOSED on these days:
September 5 - 8, 2016 (for Labor Day and annual maintenance and training)
- Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day
- New Year's Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day (July 4)
Children 2 - 18: $14
Seniors 60+: $14
Children under 2: Free
Members: Free Become A Member
Member Guest: $13
All children visiting the Children's Museum must be accompanied by an adult 18 years of age or older. For safety sake, we remind you that all adult visitors must supervise the children in their party.
We require all guests to wear proper attire, including tops, bottoms and shoes, appropriate for a family facility. The Children's Museum is a non-smoking facility, including e-cigarettes.
Check out the Admissions Discounts List to view all of our admission discounts.
If you are a visiting member from a reciprocal institution and would like to receive reciprocal admission, please note:
- To receive Association of Science and Technology Centers (ASTC) Travel Passport Program benefits, you must present a current Membership Card from an ASTC reciprocal institution and a valid photo id with proof of residence. You must live more than 90 miles away ("as the crow flies") from the Children's Museum of Pittsburgh for benefits to apply. ASTC reciprocity will grant FREE admission for up to two adults and up to three children that are listed on your institution's membership. Please visit the ASTC website for a complete listing of participating programs and restrictions. Note:Membership to Children's Museum of Pittsburgh is not reciprocal with membership to Carnegie Science Center (Pittsburgh, PA) or the McKinley Presidential Library & Museum(Canton, OH), and vice versa.
- To receive Association of Children's Museums (ACM) Reciprocal Network benefits, you must present a current Membership Card from an ACM reciprocal institution with the ACM Reciprocal Network logo on the card and a valid photo ID with proof of residence. ACM reciprocity will grant 50% discount on admission fees for up to 6 people that are listed on your institution's membership. Please visit the ACM website for a complete listing of participating museums.
Museums for All Program
This program, initiated in January 2015, is a cooperative initiative between the Association of Children's Museums and the Institute of Museum and Library Service aimed at building lifelong museum habits for all families in the community.
- As a participant, the Children's Museum admits all holders of Pennsylvania ACCESS cards (yellow card) and Pennsylvania ACCESS EBT cards (green card) at $2 each up to 4 people (including the cardholder). The card must be shown at admission. Every adult being admitted on these cards must show a photo ID with the same address as the cardholder. Limit one card per household.
Groups with 15 or more children can receive a discount group rate; please visit our Field Trips page for more details.
The Museum is busiest with group visits from April through August. Follow our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/pittsburghkids, #Fieldtripforecast, for weekly updates about the density of group visitation. (On a daily basis, a high level for group visits is 300+, which includes children and chaperones.)
Wi-Fi services are offered in the Museum's Lobby, Cafe, and Studio. Just connect to the network called Green Light Wireless.
Wi-Fi courtesy of Green Light Wireless.