Children's Museum and MuseumLab are open:
10:00 am - 5:00 pm Daily
Children's Museum and MuseumLab are CLOSED on these days:
- Sept 2- 5 for Labor Day and annual maintenance and training
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
- New Year's Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
Children's Museum admission includes admission to MuseumLab
Learn about Group Visits and Field Trips
Travel Packages: VisitPITTSBURGH Kidsburgh Getaway
New - Dynamic Admission Pricing
Starting July 1, the Museum is adopting a dynamic pricing system for Museum admission. This will allow us to flex our admission price in relation to attendance volume. For instance, admission prices in July and August will be $18 for adults, $16 for children 2-18 and seniors, and free for children under 2 and members. In September, admission will be $10 for adults, $10 for children 2-18 and seniors, and free for children under 2 and members. See this admission calendar for more details.
You can save on admission in several ways. Buying admission passes online will provide a savings every day of the year. And membership is the best savings, paying for itself in two visits on average. Check out our membership options, including a short-term Summer Membership.
Check out the Admissions Discounts List to view all of our admission discounts.
Museums for All Program: Click here to learn more about our Museums for All Program that provides discounted admission for EBT card holders.
Very Eric Carle Combo Packages
Enjoy a visit to the Children's Museum, including this summer's Very Eric Carle exhibit, and get a special Eric Carle Caterpillar lunch box and food voucher for our cafe!
$50 Package for Two: 2 admission tickets (adult or children), 1 caterpillar lunchbag, $12 food credit ($60.00 value!)
$99 Package for Four: 4 admission tickets (adult or children), 2 caterpillar lunchbags, $25 food credit ($121 value!)
- All children under the age of 18 visiting the Children’s Museum must be accompanied by an adult 18 years of age or older. For safety sake, we remind you that all adult visitors must supervise the children in their party at all times.
- We require all guests to wear proper attire, including tops, bottoms and shoes, appropriate for a family facility.
- The Children's Museum is a drug free, tobacco free, non-smoking campus, including e-cigarettes.
- Read all of the Museum Guidelines.
If you are a visiting member from a reciprocal institution and would like to receive reciprocal admission, please note:
- To receive Association of Science and Technology Centers (ASTC) Travel Passport Program benefits, you must present a current Membership Card from an ASTC reciprocal institution and a valid photo id with proof of residence. You must live more than 90 miles away ("as the crow flies") from the Children's Museum of Pittsburgh for benefits to apply. ASTC reciprocity will grant FREE admission for up to two adults and up to three children that are listed on your institution's membership. Please visit the ASTC website for a complete listing of participating programs and restrictions.
Note: Membership to Children's Museum of Pittsburgh is not reciprocal with membership to Carnegie Science Center (Pittsburgh, PA) or the McKinley Presidential Library & Museum(Canton, OH), and vice versa.
- To receive Association of Children's Museums (ACM) Reciprocal Network benefits, you must present a current Membership Card from an ACM reciprocal institution with the ACM Reciprocal Network logo on the card and a valid photo ID with proof of residence. ACM reciprocity will grant 50% discount on admission fees for up to 6 people that are listed on your institution's membership. Please visit the ACM website for a complete listing of participating museums.