Educator Professional Development
We offer a variety of classes in making, literature and art practice for teachers to bring new ideas, methods and resources to their classroom.
Maker Educator Boot Camp
Hosted by MAKESHOP at Children's Museum of Pittsburgh
Developed through years of experience and research in the Children’s Museum of Pittsburgh’s MAKESHOP, Boot Camp emphasizes that maker education is about more than a space and the right tools.
- Work in individual and group settings for both hands-on activities and discussions
- Attend four process-focused workshops, designed to give both practical and theoretical insight into different forms of making
- Use both MAKESHOP’s Principles of Practice and other research tools to delve deeply into the learning that happens through making
- Use visioning tools designed by the museum’s Learning and Research department to inform institutional direction as it relates to making
The cost of Maker Educator Boot camp’s four day professional development is $900 per person. We do recommend attending with another representative of your institution, be it a teacher, librarian, administrator or other, so that you can continue to support each other’s efforts and implementations.
Register here! for the following dates
- June 19 - 22 | 9:00 am - 4:00 pm SOLD OUT!
- July 17 - 20 | 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
For questions, or more information please contact Carol Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org
All classes take place at:
Children’s Museum of Pittsburgh
10 Children's Way, Pittsburgh, PA 15212 (Pittsburgh’s historic North Side)