Educator Professional Development
We offer a variety of classes in making, literature and art practice for teachers to bring new ideas, methods and resources to their classroom.
Making Through Math Literature - SOLD OUT!
For Teachers of Grades K-3
April 19 | 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
- We'll use math literature to illustrate how making can be incorporated into your existing curriculum
- Learn approaches, ideas and content that can be put to use with your students
- Receive completed making activities and one piece of math literature for your classroom
- $75 per participant
Act 48 credit provided
Meet The Makers - Remake Learning Days
For Educators from Preschool - Highschool
May 22 | 9:00 am - 2:00 pm
- Join in the maker expertise with some wonderful female makers from around the area.
- Makers will present and demonstrate making activities perfect for a range of ages.
- Get the chance to make and take alongside the makers.
- $20 per participant
Act 48 credit provided
For questions or more information, please contact Maureen Frew at TeacherInResidence@pittsburghkids.org
Maker Educator Boot Camp
Hosted by MAKESHOP at Children's Museum of Pittsburgh
Developed through years of experience and research in the Children’s Museum of Pittsburgh’s MAKESHOP, Boot Camp emphasizes that maker education is about more than a space and the right tools.
- Work in individual and group settings for both hands-on activities and discussions
- Attend four process-focused workshops, designed to give both practical and theoretical insight into different forms of making
- Use both MAKESHOP’s Principles of Practice and other research tools to delve deeply into the learning that happens through making
- Use visioning tools designed by the museum’s Learning and Research department to inform institutional direction as it relates to making
The cost of Maker Educator Boot camp’s four day professional development is $900 per person. We do recommend attending with another representative of your institution, be it a teacher, librarian, administrator or other, so that you can continue to support each other’s efforts and implementations.
Register here! for the following dates
- June 19 - 22 | 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
- July 17 - 20 | 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
For questions, or more information please contact Carol Johnson at email@example.com
All classes take place at:
Children’s Museum of Pittsburgh
10 Children's Way, Pittsburgh, PA 15212 (Pittsburgh’s historic North Side)