Visit our multimedia art studio to let your creative vision loose and learn new art forms through open-ended art activities and artist-led workshops.
Move Along and Change Your Place
Move Along and Change Your Place is a hands-on, participatory exhibit that asks, 'Where do our ideas come from?' We believe that as we move around the world and change our place, we gain new perspectives and with them, new ideas and inspirations. Let's move around our world and explore together. This exhibit is inspired by the works of Hervé Tullet.
Activities offered in our multimedia studio for visitors of all ages include:
- Explore movement and gesture while watching your performance on a screen
- Paint a picture to contribute to a growing gallery wall
- Create collaborative pieces with friends, family, and other visitors
- Make a soft sculpture while exploring light and texture
*Please note, these activities may be switched with different ones as we prototype new ideas.
Check the Calendar of Events for special Studio activities every month, such as:
- Growing Wishes is on ongoing and collaborative installation by Hiromi Katayama.
- Learning new art forms and creating new artworks with artists in residence
The Art Here
- more light by Dick Esterle
- A collection of original pieces and prints by Hervé Tullet
- works by Hiromi Katayama
The design of the Studio incorporates many sustainable features, including:
- Original wood and terrazzo floor
- Natural light
- Historic stained glass windows
Related Field Trips
Use the downloadable file below for tips for before and after your visit to the Studio.