Visit our multimedia art studio to let your creative vision loose and learn new art forms through open-ended art activities and artist-led workshops.
Studio closes at 4:30 pm daily.
Activities offered every day in our multimedia studio for children of all ages include:
- Painting at kid-sized easels (smocks help minimize the creative impact)
- Making a free-form clay sculpture using a variety of shaping tools
- Creating a screen-printed poster using cut newspaper to define the shapes and words you ink onto paper at silkscreen beds
Check the Calendar of Events for special Studio activities every month, such as:
- Learning new art forms and creating new artworks with real artists in residence
- Embossing and print making on the intaglio printing press
The Studio closes at 4:30 pm daily.
The Art Here
- more light by Dick Esterle
- Seated Woman in an Armchair by Richard Diebenkorn
- Black Beard by Jim Dine
- Andy at 12 by Chuck Kim and Randy Nelson
- Capriccio by Robert Motherwell
- An obscured neutral moment (prototype #5 for Doug), #1 of 3, by Rick Gribenas, above the Studio entryway
The design of the Studio incorporates many sustainable features, including:
- Original wood and terrazzo floor
- Natural light
- Historic stained glass windows
Related Field Trips
Use the downloadable file below for tips for before and after your visit to the Studio.