Birthday parties full of creativity and play are back at Children's Museum of Pittsburgh!
Celebrate your child’s big day with a party full of joy and creativity at Children’s Museum of Pittsburgh! Every party includes Museum admission for you and your guests to explore our many hands-on exhibits. No matter what option you choose, it will be as easy as 1, 2, 3 to create a birthday experience you and your guests will not soon forget.
Voted #2 in Pittsburgh City Paper’s Reader’s Poll 2022 Best Place to Have a Kid’s Birthday Party!
Every party includes:
- Admission for up to 30 guests (kids or adults) More children and adults can be added for an additional cost.
- 2 hours in a party space – plus 30 minutes for set up
- Birthday Associate who will help you:
o Set up and clean up the party space
o Serve snacks and/or meal (if applicable)
o Track presents during gift opening
o Cut and serve the birthday cake
- Surprise gift for the birthday child
- One free parking pass for the birthday child’s family
- Free pass for a return visit for the birthday family
Parties can be reserved on these days and times:
Saturdays and Sundays
- 10:00 – Noon
- 2:00 – 4:00 pm
Base price for a birthday party:
- Members: $350
- Non-Members: $400
$6 per person (children and adults)
Maximum 40 guests total – larger parties may be accommodated depending on room availability
food & drink
Guests can bring in their own food, or have it delivered to the museum, for their party.
Bean Sprouts, the hip & healthy café at the Children’s Museum, also offers a catering menu to order food for your birthday party, including pizzas, sandwiches, fruit platters, drinks and more.
At least one week’s advance notice is required for catering requests.
Please send your catering inquiries to [email protected].
Choose from three spaces for your party:
- Large Party Room/Classroom – 40 guests
- Third Floor Conference Room – 30 guests
For more information about birthdays or to begin reserving your party, please click here:
Contact our Group Operations Manager at 412.322.5058, ext 319, Monday-Friday, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm.
The answers to many of your questions may be found here: