Kindergarten: Here I Come!
Children’s Museum of Pittsburgh will celebrate its 15th annual kindergarten readiness celebration, Kindergarten: Here I Come!, on Saturday, August 17, 2019.
Kindergarten is a big step for our youngest learners! At this annual event, children entering kindergarten experience a day full of fun and helpful resources, activities, and learning from Children’s Museum staff and our amazing partners from around the city to help celebrate this amazing milestone and transition. Visitors can look forward to:
- Free Museum admission for one kindergarten student and one accompanying adult
- Climb aboard a real school bus and meet a crossing guard
- Back-to-school giveaways
- Hilarious Tales of Tim Hartman, 11:30 am in the Nursery
- Live Music by Scott and Rosanna at 12:30pm, outside the Cafe
- Information and fun activities from community partners, including PennDOT, Pittsburgh Ballet Theatre, Grow Pittsburgh, Let's Move Pittsburgh, WQED Pittsburgh Education, Giant Eagle, Pittsburgh Public Schools, Reading is FUNdamental Pittsburgh, The Saturday Light Brigade, Hi-5, Allegheny County Library Association, The Pittsburgh Cultural Trust, Pennsylvania Leadership Charter School (PALCS), Family Care Connections, Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh, Trying Together, Carnegie Museum of Natural History, Allegheny Land Trust and UPMC for Kids.
For more information about Early Childhood Learning, visit our home page.