Kindergarten: Here I Come!
Thank you to everyone who attended, supported and participated in Children’s Museum of Pittsburgh's 2019 annual kindergarten readiness celebration, Kindergarten: Here I Come! Children entering kindergarten experienced a day full of fun and helpful resources, activities and learning from Museum staff and our amazing partners from around the city to help celebrate this milestone and transition.
Special thanks to:
- Our sponsors Giant Eagle, PA Cyber and PALCS
- Our community partners including PennDOT, Pittsburgh Ballet Theatre, Grow Pittsburgh, Let's Move Pittsburgh, WQED Pittsburgh Education, Giant Eagle, Pittsburgh Public Schools, Reading is FUNdamental Pittsburgh, The Saturday Light Brigade, Hi-5, Allegheny County Library Association, The Pittsburgh Cultural Trust, Pennsylvania Leadership Charter School (PALCS), Family Care Connections, Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh, Trying Together, Carnegie Museum of Natural History, Allegheny Land Trust and UPMC for Kids.
- Performers Tim Hartman and Scott and Rosanna for the stories and music
This special day is celebrated every year before the school year starts, and features:
- Free Museum admission for one kindergarten student and one accompanying adult
- A real school bus to climb aboard and crossing guard to meet
- Back-to-school giveaways
- Information and fun activities from community partners
For more information about Early Childhood Learning, visit our home page.