Maker Educator Boot Camp
Hosted by MAKESHOP at Children's Museum of Pittsburgh
Maker Educator Boot Camp is a four-day professional development experience for classroom teachers, informal educators and museum professionals who seek a deep understanding of the philosophy and practice of making.
Developed through years of experience and research in the Children's Museum of Pittsburgh's MAKESHOP, Boot Camp emphasizes that maker education is about more than a space and the right tools. Participants will explore the processes, materials, and approach of successful maker education and the means to bring these back to their classroom or learning center.
- Work in individual and group settings for both hands-on activities and discussions
- Attend four process-focused workshops, designed to give both practical and theoretical insight into different forms of making
- Use both MAKESHOP’s Principles of Practice and other research tools to delve deeply into the learning that happens through making
- Use visioning tools designed by the museum’s Learning and Research department to inform institutional direction as it related to making
- Share and network with other maker educators
This summer we are pleased to offer two four-day professional development experiences:
̶J̶u̶n̶e̶ ̶2̶0̶-̶2̶3̶,̶ ̶9̶a̶m̶-̶4̶p̶m̶
August 1-4, 9am-4pm
more information and registration coming soon!
All workshops take place at Children’s Museum of Pittsburgh, located in Pittsburgh’s historic North Side:
Children’s Museum of Pittsburgh
10 Children’s Way
Pittsburgh, PA 15207