Join in the fun while earning a Cub Scout badge at The Children’s Museum of Pittsburgh. Whether you are interested in water, electronics, gardening or art, we have something for you! Register today for a workshop to earn a Museum related badge.
- Workshops are $20 per scout. Program price includes admission to the museum for the day.
- Class minimum is 10 scouts per workshop, maximum is 25 scouts. Troops are able to combine to meet the minimum.
- One adult chaperone is admitted free for every five scouts. Each additional adult is charged the Museum admission fee.
- Parking is available in Museum lots; $4 for members and $6 for non-members.
- Pre-registration is required two weeks prior to the desired program date.
Below are the programs we offer. We are also willing to work with troop leaders to design a workshop fit to achieve your badge requirements.
ELECTIVE ADVENTURE: BOATS & FLOATS - Complete steps 5 and 6 of the boats and floats requirements. Read a book all about different types of boats and their jobs. Build your own boat from recycled materials and bring it to our Waterplay exhibit to float it down the river.
CORE ADVENTURE: GROW SOMETHING - Complete steps 3 and 4 for the advancement of Grow Something. Visit our gardens, learn about the plants growing there, and sample a tasty treat. Finish the workshop with terrarium making or create DIY seed trays to take home with you! *Weather permitting.
ELECTIVE ADVENTURE: ART EXPLOSION - Complete step 1 by exploring one of our original art pieces here at the museum. Complete step 3 by participating in one or two of the following options, for advancement of the Art Explosion badge.
a. Draw or paint an original picture outdoors, using materials of your choice.
b. Use clay to sculpt a simple form.
c. Create an object using clay that can be fired.
d. Create a freestanding sculpture or mobile using recycled materials.
e. Create an original logo or design. Transfer the design onto a T-shirt, hat, or other object.
(Troop must agree on the same activity).
For more information, or to schedule a workshop please contact us at (412) 322-5058, ext. 241, or firstname.lastname@example.org