PNC Mobile Learning Adventure
Featured Programs & Events
Inspiring Great Futures for Young Children
The Mobile Learning Adventure (MLA) is a traveling exhibit that provides an opportunity for parents and caregivers to learn about the importance of early childhood education while they engage in fun activities with their children. As part of PNC Grow Up Great® – a $350 million, multi-year, bilingual initiative that began in 2004 to help prepare young children for success in school and life – the MLA includes the When I Grow Up photo station,where kids dress up as different professionals and have their picture superimposed on an appropriate background. In addition, parents can take home activity books and learning kits that demonstrate how to take everyday moments and turn them into learning opportunities.
At the beginning of the adventure, families receive a Passport Booklet that guides them on a journey to four activity stations, listed below. Upon completion of each activity, children receive an achievement badge sticker to add to the corresponding page in their passport.
Making Choices Disc Run
- This activity helps parents and caregivers teach their children about “wants” vs. “needs” as a foundation for making good financial choices.
When I Grow Up Photo Station
- Children dress up as the profession of their choice and have their images superimposed on a career-related background.
- Dress-up costumes include astronaut, athlete, ballerina, chef, doctor, firefighter, teacher, scientist and members of the Navy, Army and Air Force.
- Following the activity, the children receive a Grow Up Great frame with a souvenir photo from the photo station and caregivers have the opportunity to register to receive a digital copy.
- The craft area consists of a staffed table where children will be provided a stencil with various shapes that they can keep along with an activity sheet directly them to draw items using the shapes provided.
Story Telling Tree
- This station will encourage dialogue between the parent and child as the child will answer the following prompt by writing on a leaf and attaching it to the tree: “When I grow up, I want to be _____ because_____.”
Giveaway Table & Extended Passport Activities
- At the conclusion of the adventure, parents and caregivers receive brochures, crayons and a PNC tote bag.
- The booklet provided when entering the tents acts as a passport onsite, but also serves as a tool for extending the adventure at home. Behind the pages designated for the achievement stickers,families will find educational activities and prompts that support everyday learning.
Sesame Workshop has created a new language resource for young children. The free digital storybooks can be accessed through pncgrowupgreat.com/sesameresources. The storybooks are bilingual, with different reading levels to choose from, and provide children with over 30 new vocabulary words.
The educational materials within the Mobile Learning Adventure are appropriate for children from ages 2 to age 5. • In 2018, the exhibits toured 37 markets in 19 states and the District of Columbia, had 173 event days and distributed more than 14,088 multimedia educational activity kits. In the process, 39,308 people visited the MLA and more than 19,360 photos were processed from the When I Grow Up photo station.
For more information, please visit www.pncgrowupgreat.com
Sesame Street® and associated characters, trademarks, and design elements are owned by Sesame Workshop. ©2019 Sesame Workshop. All Rights Reserved.
© 2019 The PNC Financial Services Group, Inc. All rights reserved. PNC Bank, National Association. Member FDIC.