How tall are you in apples?
Explore creative ways to measure yourself and objects in this interactive exhibit.
How many chickens do you weigh? How tall are you in apples or inches or pennies? Can you use your foot as a ruler? Explore nonstandard ways to measure yourself and objects using items such as balancing scales, odometers, calipers, 3-D imaging and counting “Mississippis.”
- Measure yourself in apples or pennies
- Get walking and add to the total yards we’ll calculate visitors walked on our exhibit treadmill
- Tinker with instruments such as calipers, height gauges and go/no-go gauges to explore ways to measure an ordinary wooden ball. Toss the balls down the chutes to test your finding
- How good is your internal clock? Count to five Mississippi and see how close you come to five actual seconds
- Find out how many chickens you weigh at the Chicken Scale!
- Extend a Giant Tape Measure and measure the equally giant fish on our wall mural
- Build your own ball ramp and modify it to make it faster or slower
- See yourself built in cubic-inch blocks as you stand in front of a special screen
- Explore volume at an open-ended Bead Table
- Balance objects and standard weights on a large balance scale