- This event has passed.
Youth Mental Health Awareness Day
May 11 @ 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
Join us in raising awareness for children and youth mental health by observing Youth Mental Health Awareness Day with special activities throughout the day. Visitors can engage in activities that promote mindfulness and learn from local organizations who work to promote positive mental health practices.
In the Studio:
- Explore how colors and emotions are intertwined and create your own art piece with Sensory Superpowers
- Create a kindness chain out of kind notes and recycled art
- Learn from HealthyCHILD about social emotional development and how to respond to the effects of mental health challenges
- Learn about the connection between mindfulness and making practices while creating your own fiber sculpture out of recycled wood and yarn
In the Kindness Gallery:
- Say hello to partners from PFLAG Pittsburgh and learn about local youth and family support networks
In the Traveling Gallery:
- Yoga Paint Party Workshop, 10:00am-12:00pm
- Creative Wellness Lab, 1:00 – 5:00 pm