UPMC Health Plan's Healthy Family Day
Featured Programs & Event
Celebrate how healthy families make strong communities with UPMC Health Plan’s Healthy Family Day! Enjoy a day packed with demonstrations, performances and activities inspired by health, community and heritage.
11:00 AM – 1:00 PM
- When life hands you lemons turn them into something beautiful. Make a promise to help your community for a free cup of refreshing lemonade.
- Add a leaf of gratitude to the museums thank you tree. Recognize those who make your life great from your teachers, to your neighbors, friends and family.
1:00 – 3:00 PM
- Show off your moves at the family-friendly dance party with DJ Kelly Mom.
- Get moving and test your skills with a recess inspired game.
- Enjoy classic Pittsburgh dishes with a cooking demonstration and food tasting.
- Submit your favorite family recipe to the What's for Dinner? Heritage Recipe Contest
- Join us in the MAKESHOP as we explore a tiny Pittsburgh with map making and cartography. Use recycled materials to create different roads, rivers, parks, and buildings. Recreate the neighborhood where you live, or locate your school or community center. What will you find on your map?
- Families come in all shapes and sizes! Come on down to the Studio and stage a scene for your family portrait, then draw it! A portrait is a painting or drawing of a person or people, usually just the face, and it often tells a story. What story will your family portrait tell?
- Enjoy healthy food choices in the Big Red Room Cafe, part of the UPMC Health Plan Dining Smart Community
- Stop by the UPMC for Kids booth for giveaways, games and information on CHIP (Children's Health Insurance Program)
- Ask a certified RN / UPMC for Kids Pediatric Health Coach your pediatric health-related questions
- Enjoy activities from Let's Move Pittsburgh and Giant Eagle Pharmacy